Vaginoplasty (Vagina Tightening Operation)
Today, vaginoplasty, which is vaginal tightening and rejuvenation operation, has a large place among genital aesthetic operations. Vaginopalsty operation has many benefits, both aesthetic and functional.
The main purpose of the vaginoplasty operation is to correct abnormal vaginal deformation caused by intravaginal enlargement, loosening, sagging and stretching caused by multiple factors (frequent and difficult births, menopause, aging hormonal changes, infections, collagen tissue diseases, etc.) over time and is in a sense, to restore the vagina and to bring back its normal form.
Abnormal vaginal enlargements cause serious problems that affect the life comfort of women, such as lack of self-confidence, sexual reluctance, loss of sensation, infection, vaginal voice and gas. Accordingly, the biggest aim of the operation is to regain the lost self-confidence in women, to eliminate the sexual problems with their spouses or partners, and to eliminate the problems caused by enlargement.
With vaginal tightening surgery, the vagina becomes more aesthetically attractive and the lives of the couples change positively in sexual intercourse. While performing this operation, sometimes other aesthetic operations are performed in combination depending on the patient’s needs and requests. Surgical or non-surgical (laser, radiofrequency) methods are preferred, considering the width of the vaginal canal, the level of looseness, accompanying additional problems, and the patient’s preference and request.
For a vaginoplasty operation, the patient does not necessarily have to have given birth or be at an old age. Because vaginal aging or enlargement is not just about age. Sometimes, vaginal enlargement occurs due to various factors in young women who have never given birth.
The experience and knowledge of the physician is very important in the success of the vaginoplasty operation. It is extremely important to consider the patient’s complaints and requests and decide accordingly how much the vagina will be narrowed, whether an additional operation will be added to the operation, whether an injection will be made or not.
How is Vaginoplasty Operation Being Performed?
Vaginoplasty operation is performed by surgical and non-surgical methods. The main point here is the amount of complaints and distress caused by vaginal enlargement and deformation. Most importantly, if there is severe vaginal enlargement and stretching and in addition if there is sagging of the urinary bladder (sysocele), prolapse of the intestine (enterocele) and complaints and symptoms caused by these, surgery should be considered.
However, if the situation of vaginal enlargement is not advanced and it is not accompanied by other problems and if the patient is afraid of anesthesia and surgery, laser or radiofrequency narrowing can be performed.
Surgically, vaginoplasty operation takes approximately 30 minutes in a hospital or clinic environment. – It is an operation that takes 1 hour. However, if another operation is to be performed in addition to this, the operation time will be longer. The patient is discharged on the same day or the next day, and after 2-3 days the patient returns to work. According to the characteristics of the patient, it is performed under general anesthesia, epidural and sometimes local anesthesia with sedation. In surgical vaginoplasty, excess tissues that cause enlargement in the vagina are duly cut and removed. Enlarged vaginal floor muscles due to deformation are brought closer to each other and thus a tighter and younger vagina is created. Since the stitches are dissolving stitches, there is no need to remove stitches after the surgery, at the same time, the stitches remain inside and do not create a bad appearance. One of the main points here is to narrow not only the 2-3 cm area of the vaginal entrance, but also the entire vagina floor (complete vaginal narrowing), but also to deal with other problems accompanying the vaginal enlargement.
Laser Vaginal Tightening
With the development of laser technology, laser technology is now frequently used in the field of genital aesthetics. It is extremely important as it does not require surgery and anesthesia, it is painless and also great success is achieved in selected cases. If the patient does not have advanced vaginal enlargement or deformity, laser vaginal tightening is a preferred method. The procedure lasts for 20 minutes and pain is not felt and the patient can return to work immediately. No additional medication is required after the procedure, and there is no need for dressing as there are no stitches. By stimulating the connective tissue with the thermal and abrative effect inside the vagina with the laser, the collagen tissue is renewed and new collagen fibers are formed. With this mechanism, both vaginal tightening and sexual pleasure-enhancing effect occur. After the laser procedure, 90% of the patients show a significant improvement in their sexual life. At the same time, if the patient has urinary incontinence, both urinary incontinence complaints and infection are reduced with laser.
Important Points for A Successful Vaginoplasty Operation
- The physician who performs the procedure must be experienced and have knowledge of genital aesthetics.
- The level of vaginal enlargement, the complaints and troubles told by the patient, as well as all the problems accompanying the enlargement should be revealed and the operation should be completed accordingly.
- It is extremely important to inform the patient about the patient’s expectations and the operation. As a result of the examination performed during the vaginoplasty operation and considering the patient’s wishes, it should be revealed whether an additional operation is required and these should be shared with the patient.
- It is extremely important for the patient to decide how much the vagina will be narrowed in surgical vaginal tightening, it should not be forgotten that there will be some stretching over the years due to the flexibility of the vagina while deciding the level of narrowing. If the narrowing process is not done enough, this process is considered unsuccessful and an additional revision procedure may be required. Sometimes it is bad to narrow it down more than necessary. Here, the patient finds it difficult to have intercourse. In an important mistake made, the vaginal entrance is lifted upwards in the vaginal tightening operation, in this case the patient cannot have intercourse and there is pain during intercourse.
- The narrowing should not only be the 2-3 cm part at the entrance of the vagina, but the entire vagina floor should be duly narrowed. Otherwise, the operation will fail. In fact, the wider the vagina is, the more it is narrowed, so the level of narrowing of a woman who has never given birth and a woman who has given 4 births is different.
- Before starting the vaginoplasty operation, the width of the vagina is practically determined by the finger method. 1 or 2 fingers are considered normal, 3 finger width is considered medium, and above 4 fingers are considered advanced. In general, the aim is to bring the width of the vagina to the level of 1-2 fingers.
- Vaginoplasty operation narrows the vagina both internally and externally. If there is a bad episio line, aesthetic operation should be performed on this area in the same session, or if the perineal area between the vagina and anus is troubled, perinoplasty can be added to the operation.
What Does Vaginoplasty (Vaginal Tightening Surgery) Add to The Patient?
- Vaginoplasty operation restores the self-confidence lost due to vaginal enlargement in women and makes them have a happy mood.
- It removes the sexual difficulties that women experience with their partners or spouses.
- It minimizes fungal and bacterial infections that do not heal despite all treatments and make the patient unhappy.
- It facilitates the patient’s sexual pleasure and orgasm.
- The problem of sound in the vagina ends, the incompatibility between the patient and his partner is eliminated, and the patient concentrates more on her life.
- The patient feels more comfortable in social life and social activities increase.
- If there is a complaint of urinary incontinence, as an additional action will be taken for it, those problems will decrease. In addition, if there are bad episio-squeezes or if the perineal area is bad, the patient will be happy because aesthetic procedures will be performed on them. In addition, if there is herniation in the large intestine, the gas-stool problem will also be solved.
Points to Consider After Vaginoplasty Operation
- After the vaginoplasty operation, the patient is discharged on the same day or 1 day later. Complications do not occur when it is performed by a duly and experienced physician.
- In order for the vaginal area to heal, sexual intercourse is prohibited for 4-6 weeks, and at the same time patient should be careful about cleanliness and hygiene to prevent infection.
- Stitches are not removed, but dressing is required for 10-15 days.
- The patient should take into account the medications and recommendations given by the doctor.
- After the surgery, the patient should take a standing shower for 2-3 weeks and stay away from sea and pool activities.
- Heavy exercises are prohibited for 6 weeks.
- Attention should be paid to the level of nutrition after the surgery and attention should be paid to the cleanliness of that area while urinating.
- There may be a little bleeding for 2-3 days after the surgery, the patient should not panic and should inform the doctor in case of abnormality.
Vaginoplasty Frequently Asked Questions
The operation takes 30-60 minutes on average, but this time increases if additional operations are added.
Vaginal tightening with laser takes an average of 15-20 minutes. It is a painless procedure. Anesthesia is not required.
If the operation is performed by an experienced physician and duly, there will be no enlargement, but if the patient gives birth again, there will be a partial enlargement.
Can you be discharged from the hospital on the same day after vaginal tightening and when will you return to work?
After the operation, the patient can return home on the same day or after staying in the hospital for 1 day, and can return to work after an average of 2-3 days.
After resting for 4-5 hours on the same day after the operation, the patient can travel by road or airway.
The stitches made in vaginoplasty are aesthetic stitches and are dissolving stitches and there is no need to take stitches.
There may be occasional pain for 1 week after the surgery, if the pain increases, painkillers can be taken.
Yes, vaginal tightening and hymen surgery can be performed in the same session.
After an average of 6 weeks, sexual intercourse can start.
In particular, the inexperience of the physician performing the procedure, especially narrowing without measuring the degree of vaginal width, or narrowing operations performed only without approaching the vagina floor muscles and without repairing the disaster, result in failure.